|Yummy shortbread cookies.|
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling
Mix in 1/2 cup mini chocolate, peanut-butter chips, dried cranberries, raisins, etc.
1/8 cup of brown sugar
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt with a mixer until smooth.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour, mixing just until the dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half
- Take half of the dough and stir in the chocolate chips or peanut-butter chips.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 1.5-inch-diameter log.
- Spread out the brown sugar on a flat surface and roll the log without the chocolate chips on the brown sugar, until the outside is completely coated (press the sugar on gently to help it adhere).
- Wrap logs tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 1-1.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap logs and slice dough 3/8 inch thick, if the dough crumbles, leave it at room temperature 5-10 mins.
- Place the slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet 1-2 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Shortbread cookie ingredients.|
|Cream the butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla.|
|Slowly add the flour.|
|Divide the dough in two.|
|Spread about 1/8 cup of brown sugar on a cutting board, roll the dough into a log, roll the log of dough on the brown sugar so the outside is completely covered, next wrap it up in plastic.|
|Get some mini-chocolate chips (you can use cranberries, raisins, etc.)|
|Add the mini chocolate chips, roll it and wrap it up in plastic wrap.|
|Refrigerate for 1-1.5 hours.|
|Slice them 3/8" thick and place on a cookie sheet liined with parchment paper.|
|Slice and bake in the oven 12-15 mins!|
|Eat them up!|
|Package them up and give them as small gifts.|