"Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. "
The book deals with cyborgs, so I thought I would geek out today's FTF and make it all about futuristic robots and such, so here goes:
1. If I could have any part of me be robotic I would choose to have robotic eyes!! I hate wearing glasses and since I can't have lasik surgery that would definitely be my number one change. I would totally want cool eyes though, some that allowed me to browse the internet and such with just a thought!
2. I would (would/would not) date a cyborg because you never know who you will fall in love with!
3. I wish I had a android that was my personal assistant!! In the novel Cinder has a household android named IKO and it had the funniest/girliest personality. I definitely want an outspoken android!
4. I imagine the future with flying ships! It would be so much quicker to fly everywhere.
5. If the government required everyone to have an ID chip implanted on their wrist that would determine where they were at all time and who they were I would be uncomfortable with it. It would be really convenient because then you don't have to carry ID or credit cards since all that information would be stored on the chip on your wrist but I would hate to lose privacy. Someone would always know where you are at all times which is creepy to think about!!
**My favorite things from around the web this week is this PINATA CAKE!! Coolest thing ever, seriously!
I hope today's post wasn't too geeky for ya!!
Have a great weekened everyone!!
P.S. Sorry for the lack of DIY posts, I'm getting married soon, so all my free time has been devoted to planning that but hopefully I get back into the groove of things again, thanks for being patient!