Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Things Friday

Last week I was at the annual Drosophila Conference in Washington DC. Those few days went at quite a different pace from being in the lab, but it was an interesting and good experience, and it was cool to visit a city with so much history. This week's FTF has somewhat related blanks:


1. I somewhat dislike (like/dislike) traveling, and I'd rather go by car (car/plane/other). I am admittedly a little provincial in that I don't like straying very far from Oregon, and the only sort of traveling I really do like is going on road trips. I hate planes, and every time I'm at the airport about to go on a flight, I always have these fleeting, irrational thoughts about just bailing and not going wherever I'm supposed to go!

2. My work usually doesn't (does/doesn't) require traveling. My boss goes to a few conferences in different cities/countries every year, but this year is the first time I went to one with her. It's expensive and we usually don't have funding for it!

4. Something I always forget to bring when traveling is floss, for some reason! Although this time I actually remembered it, but then I ran out!

3. Something historic/famous about the place I live in is I guess the big deal people make about Corvallis is the fact that Linus Pauling once went to OSU. Also, I heard somewhere that salsa dancing is big here, or maybe a particular salsa dancing group is famous in Corvallis?

5. A tourist hotspot of my town is besides for the university, people often visit one of the local pizza places, American Dream Pizza, especially since apparently Obama ate there when he visited Corvallis once.

**My favorite thing from around the web this week is this colorful spaghetti! I kind of want to make some now haha!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, planes make me slightly nervous too. They are just too mysterious for me haha! I love the colorful spaghetti, gosh everyone wants to see where OBAMA ate the pizza!!

    ReplyDelete