Wednesday, October 26, 2011

DIY Barrette

I love hair accessories especially since they distract attention from my messy hair.   I have curly hair which means regardless of how much I comb my hair it still looks messy 90% of the time.  Anyhow, hair accessories can be expensive so I decided to make some of my own, I hope you guys enjoy this tutorial as much as I do!


Barrettes!  I love how antique these look.

Things You Will Need:

- 80 mm Barrettes

- Gold, Brass, or Silver Metal Beads (As needed)

- Super Glue

Step-By-Step How To:
Things you will need.

Count out the number of beads that you need to cover the barrette. 
The beads I used were pretty large so I only needed 8.

Add a dot of super glue.

Place a bead on top of the dot of super glue and hold it there for 15 seconds.

Let the bead dry for another 15 seconds or until the bead adheres.

Continue adding the beads with super glue until the entire barrette is covered.

Let the barrette dry completely before wearing.

Wear it as you wish!  I like to wear it with a bun.
*Thank you for modeling E!!

1 comment:

  1. I love these, they turned out so great!! Haha they look good sitting on the red fabric!

    ReplyDelete