1. This year for my birthday, I turned/am turning 25 and I did/will: go to this big genomics conference that always falls exactly on my birthday every year.....and then on Saturday I am having breakfast with DD! My parents also wanted to come visit one of the days this weekend for lunch.
2. A birthday tradition I have is: I usually just go out for dinner with friends because our house is usually too boring/messy to have a party in. Our lab usually has some sort of surprise celebration (disguised as a lab meeting) too!
3. My favorite kind of birthday cake is: German chocolate since that is what my parents always got for anybody's birthday when I was growing up...but really any kind of cake is delicious!
4. My astrological sign is Virgo and birthstone is sapphire.
5. Someone famous who shares the same birthday: Gustav Holst (composer of the orchestral work The Planets), and apparently also Stephen King and Bill Murray.
My favorite thing from around the web this week is: These DIY Halloween Bottles and Spice Jars! I'm definitely excited for Halloween already!
Have a great weekend everybody!