1. My first experience with social media was Facebook, I've had an account since 2004, way back when Facebook was only for people in college. I opened an account summer of freshman year when my High School friend told me it was a must have and so I was sucked in. But now Facebook has become a place where I mostly keep in touch with family.
2. I prefer Twitter (Twitter/Facebook) because I love how concise twitter is, it is much more short and to the point and I love all the witty things people say on there!
3. My favorite social media avenue is/are blogs! I love love love love LOVE to read blogs, especially style and craft blogs!
4. My favorite thing about social media is how you can keep in touch with people or find someone you lost touch with. My family lives all over the place and I don't have time to call them or text them regularly so it's nice to see what they are up. Oh, I also love how you can reach out to your favorite brands, celebrities, bloggers, authors, etc.
5. My least favorite thing about social media is people get TOO opinionated. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people have their opinions and are not afraid to convey them and I actually don't mind reading them but I hate being bombarded continuously with them or when people's comments become too disrespectful for general audiences, some level of respect is needed. My advice is: don't overkill the subject and respect others!!
**My favorite thing from around the web this week is this DIY dream catcher from P.S. I Made This. I totally want to make one, I use to make these in elementary school and I remember always having one above my bed when I was younger. I think it's definitely time to re-live that by making one for myself soon!
This weekend I plan on relaxing and celebrating my 1 year engagement anniversary with my fiance, it will be the only time we get to celebrate it, since once we get married we'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary instead ;)
What are your plans for the weekend?