Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Lips Shirt

Kissed all over.  This is exactly how this shirt makes me feel!  I have been seeing shirts, sweaters and jewelry with lips everywhere so I just HAD to make one for myself.  I hope you guys love this shirt as much as I do!



Things You Will Need: 

Shirt or sweater (I got this shirt at Target for only $2 on the clearance rack!)

Red Fabric Paint (I used this one in Crimson Red)

Lips Stamp (Here is a similar one on amazon, I bought mine at a garage sale)

Paint Brush

Cardboard

Paper plate (to squeeze your paint on!)

Step-by-Step How To: 
Gather your supplies!
Place the cardboard in the shirt.  This will prevent the paint from bleeding to the other side.  You can cut small pieces of cardboard and place it inside the sleeves too. 


Place paint on the stamp with a brush.  Brush the paint on vertically so that you mimic the lines on real lips.
Carefully stamp it on your shirt
Lift up your stamp!  Ta-da, instant lips!  Let the front of the shirt dry completely before turning it over and doing the back side.
Lips, lips, lips!!!
I hope you guys liked this tutorial! Wouldn't it be fun to draw little fangs on the lips and make it vampire inspired?  I want to add lips to everything now!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! What a fun project! It would be cool to have like a lips tote bag or something too!

    ReplyDelete