Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY J.Crew Heart Sweater

I feel like I can't get enough of this J.Crew heart sweater but I was definitely not into the price so I decided to make my own with a little fabric paint and a $12 sweater from Forever 21.



Things You Will Need:

- Fabric paint, I used this fun glitter one
- Sweater
- Paint Brush
- Cardboard
- Paper
- Pencil
- Scissors
- Tape

Step-By-Step How To:

Gather your supplies and draw out a random heart shape, it's ok if your heart is not symmetrical.

Cut out your heart, now you have a template to paint with.

Place the cardboard inside the sweater, underneath the area you plan to paint.

Tape your template on the sweater.


Start painting the heart, be sure to add a very thin layer of paint, you don't want your heart to be too stiff once it dries.

Smooth out any lumps in the paint.

Carefully remove the paper template

Now smooth out the edges and let it dry overnight.
Now you're ready to wear it!

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, I can definitely see myself wearing this sweater all winter.  I think the heart would look fun on a t-shirt or on a tote bag! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the heart sweater you made!! The glittery paint is so perfect with it. It looks way better than the J. Crew one too. I must find a sweater to paint on!

    ReplyDelete